Ingredients (serves 8)
- A dash of oil (vegetable/olive)
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 sweet potatoes, cubed
- 2 carrots, cubed
- 2 peppers (any colour), sliced
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 red chilli
- 1 tsp hot chilli powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 can kidney beans, drained
- 1 can black-eyed beans, drained
- 1 can mixed beans, drained
- Salt and pepper
- To serve (optionals): rice, coriander, flat breads
Fry the onion in the oil to soften slightly (5 mins) then add the rest of the chopped vegetables (garlic, sweet potatoes, carrots, peppers).
Add the tomato sauces and spices, cover with a lid and leave to simmer for 15 mins.
Add the beans and leave to simmer for another 10 mins until the vegetables are tender and the sauce has thickened.
Serve with rice and sprinkle with coriander.
Recipe by Izzy