- 280g self-raising flour
- 170g light brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon or mixed spice
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- A pinch of salt
- 300g rhubarb (1cm cubes)
- 2 pieces stem ginger, roughly chopped
- 80ml vegetable oil (coconut oil works best)
- 240ml almond milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius and line muffin tin with 12 paper muffin cases.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, spices, ginger and salt, then stir.
- In a separate bowl, add the rhubarb, oil, milk and vinegar
- Stir the wet mixture into the dry.
- spoon the mixture equally between the muffin cases.
- bake for 25 mins or until well risen, golden-brown and smelling heavenly.
- Leave to cool outside of the tray, or enjoy straight away!
Recipe contributed by Izzy from The Wallflower Kitchen