- 1 butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 500g sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 onions, diced
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 thumb-sized piece of fresh root ginger, roughly chopped
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 litre boiling vegetable stock (use vegan bouillon powder)
- 1 heaped teaspoon harissa (rose harissa if you have it)
- 1 400g can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh coriander leaves, to garnish
- Drizzle of tahini, to garnish
Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celcius. Place the butternut squash, sweet potatoes, onions, carrot, garlic, ginger and oil in a baking tray and mix well. Cook on a middle shelf in the oven for 45min.
Transfer the roasted veg to a large pan, then pour in the stock and add the harissa. Bring to a simmer, then cover with a lid and cook over a low heat for 10min. Leave to cool slightly before blitzing to a smooth consistency.
Stir through the chickpeas and allow to heat through. Season with salt, pepper and lime juice to taste.
Serve with fresh coriander, a drizzle of tahini and extra harissa, if liked.
Adapted from a recipe from Cook Slow by Dean Edwards