Welcome to the Bernard’s Heath Wilderhood Watch Group page!
Buddy was found cold and miserable in a Boundary Rd shed. After some warming up, food, water and general tlc he was introduced back into the garden, along with a nice new hedgehog house. Since then he has been using his house for sleepovers as well as frequently visiting his predator proof feeding station (see below!)
Our Wilderhood Watch stalls have been a great opportunity to meet up for a chat, do some fundraising and swap some plants! Pictured here are stalls we ran for Sustfest 2021 as well as for the Warwick Rd Street Party in 2019.
Bernards Heath residents are enthusiastic about doing everything we can to improve conditions for our local wildlife. We’ve been involved with Wilderhood Watch almost since its inception, running projects to create habitat and food for pollinators, linking our gardens for hedgehogs and planting native hedging and trees in our local schools.
Our projects so far:
- Pollinator Highway
- Hedgehog Street
- St Saviour’s Church Buzz Stop
- Sandpit Lane Buzz Stop
- Plant a Tree
- Litter Picking
If you’d like to get involved with any of our projects, please contact one of our street co-ordinators:
- Warwick rd: Sue Arrand
- Boundary rd: Ellie Matthews email@example.com
- Culver rd: Mandy McNeil firstname.lastname@example.org
- Heath rd and Walton St: Fiona Booy Fi.email@example.com and Elizabeth Truran firstname.lastname@example.org
- Upper Heath rd: Vicky Gunn email@example.com
- Sandridge rd (between Bernard’s Heath Infants and Sandpit Lane): Jill Mills firstname.lastname@example.org
- Upper Culver rd: Harry Kinsley